Friday, June 21, 2013

Letting Go...& Letting God...




I decided to write...I needed to write, I felt that I had no choice but to write, TODAY.  I needed something to find a way to release the thoughts in my mind.  A way to come to terms with where I am in my life..and where I've come from.  The most important thing about the my last statement is the, "where I've come from" piece.  You see, for years I have held on to past situations, I am almost certain that I'm not the only one.  But when you find your reflection in the mirror staring back at you strong and singular, you feel as if your situation is an isolated one. 

Now, I can laugh about that saying...because just a few hours ago I couldn't hold back the tears.  Welp, I guess that's life, isn't it?  I came to terms with that fact that I AM NOT IN CONTROL.  Ain't that the truth??  Well, I'll say it again.."I AM NOT IN CONTROL!"   Ahhhh, sweet relief, in some instances.  However, to the control freaks of the world, this isn't such a comforting notion.  From being a single parent always needing to keep things in order (single parents know what I mean). To losing a job for the second time in a four year period. Or just trying to deal with life and questioning yourself....things certainly would  feel out of control.

Nevertheless, what can one do when you have done all that you can do??  Welp, Donny McClurkin says, Stand.  Actually, that's what the Bible says too...Epheshians 6:13.  I am realizing that some situations, like those I've mentioned (I am sure that those reading have more), are just not in your control.  There are just some things that you need someone greater than yourself to fix.  So who is really in control?  I believe God is.

I needed to write as my personal form of therapy.  This first post may be a bit random, but hey..it's the first post.  And you know what?  This is more about me than anyone reading this, at the moment.  I felt the urge to tell myself, give myself permission to Let GO & Let God..to have the Faith and Believe that He has my best interests at heart.  He is in control...there is a benefit to this thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment